National Institute for Literacy

[FocusOnBasics 212] Re: Using FOB

Barbara Garner b.garner4 at verizon.net
Tue Apr 11 15:50:47 EDT 2006

Thanks, Missy,,,
That struggling ESOL learner article really struck a chord.

When you've been working in a field---any field---for awhile, it's easy to forget how much you actually have learned and apply on a day-to-day basis. Robin's article seems to have reminded us that new staff, or experienced staff working with new types of learners, need information that may have become second nature to some.

What other articles to folks use with new teachers, and why?
Barb