National Institute for Literacy

[FocusOnBasics] a lament

Virginia Tardaewether tarv at chemeketa.edu
Thu Mar 9 12:47:42 EST 2006

There have been studies on parental expectations too: if you expect your child to graduate, he or she will. This reminds me of that movie about the math teacher in LA, can't remember the name of it, but his students completed higher math course and passed tests, but the administration didn't believe the results. I think standards, from many angles, are vastly important.
va

Virginia Tardaewether
Chemeketa Community College
4000 Lancaster Drive NE
Salem, OR 97305
503-399-6147

When new life appears, just as a budding plant rises from the ground, the heart aspires to new growth and is filled with hope. Use life to renew oneself.
Voices of the Heart