National Institute for Literacy

[FocusOnBasics] [PovertyLiteracy] non-reader who wants info on adult ed (clarification)

David Rosen djrosen at comcast.net
Tue Jan 17 16:56:22 EST 2006

Hello Cesar,

If the person you describe is truly a nonreader, or having trouble
with decoding and encoding, this will be tough to do entirely on her
own. Would she be interested in a tutor?

There are computer programs that may assist her, but these are
designed to be used with a tutor or teacher

• Language Tuneup kit
• Reading with Phonics
• Lexia Reading SOS
• Learning 100 (Steck Vaughn)
• Reading Horizons
• Academy of Reading
• My reading Coach

Descriptions of most of these will be found on my software list (soon
to be updated) at http://newsomeassociates.com/ (Select Publications,
then Adult Literacy Education Software Recommendations.)

David J. Rosen
djrosen at comcast.net