National Institute for Literacy

[FocusOnBasics 377] norms

Janet Isserlis Janet_Isserlis at brown.edu
Wed Jun 28 17:05:52 EDT 2006

I'm not sure that classroom norms are *only* a concern for learners; what
about meetings where practitioners sometimes struggle to balance the work on
the table and the social pieces - not just chatter, but the relationship
building undergirding so much of the work we do?

Is the question more about how work/learning get done and about balance?
I'm not sure how completely different these issues are in classroom contexts
and in other contexts where people meet to accomplish some purpose or
another (learning, meeting, workshop, etc...)

Janet Isserlis