National Institute for Literacy

[FocusOnBasics 322] Re: Discussion: video as a prof. devlpmt tool.

Aaron Kohring akohring at utk.edu
Thu Jun 8 09:23:21 EDT 2006

Virginia,

I'm glad you mentioned how students used video as a resource for
themselves. I remember observing a classroom that was doing a series of
lessons around speaking and listening with a goal of preparing for work
interviews. The students really found video useful as an assessment for
how well they performed.
Aaron

At 01:44 PM 6/7/2006 -0700, you wrote:

>I've used video on my own evaluation and had students use it for theirs.

>It is a useful tool and helps one be objective about what really happens

>in a group. We used to set the video up and leave it on regularly, then

>review what we noticed as a group (students and instructors). We found

>it a useful tool for program improvement.

>Va

Aaron Kohring
Coordinator, LINCS Literacy & Learning Disabilities Special Collection
(http://ldlink.coe.utk.edu/)
Moderator, National Institute for Literacy's Content Standards Discussion
List (http://www.nifl.gov/mailman/listinfo/Contentstandards)
Coordinator, Equipped for the Future Websites (http://eff.cls.utk.edu/)

Center for Literacy Studies, University of Tennessee
EFF Center for Training and Technical Assistance
Phone:(865) 974-4109 main
(865) 974-4258 direct
Fax: (865) 974-3857
e-mail: akohring at utk.edu