National Institute for Literacy

[Assessment] DAR/Reading Discussion

Marie Cora marie.cora at hotspurpartners.com
Tue Nov 22 14:16:32 EST 2005

Hello everyone,

I've been following your interesting discussion regarding testing
reading and the DAR. I wanted to call to your attention a couple of
resources that you can go to for further discussion on the topics
covered in your email exchanges, as well as suggestions of reading
assessments.

At the ALEWiki (Adult Literacy Education Wiki:
http://wiki.literacytent.org/index.php/Main_Page) go to #4 Assessment
Information and click on Discussions. This brings you to 2 resources
related to this discussion. The second item there is in fact a summary
and the full thread of a Guest Discussion with Rosalind Davidson
regarding the ARCS Reading Diagnostic that was held on this Assessment
List in April of this year. Below that you will see "Commercial
Standardized Tests". Click on that and you go to a page of discussion
excerpts (also from this List) on 4 different commercial assessments -
you will see DARTTS there.

Also at the ALEWiki Assessment Information section, if you click on the
area entitled Commercially Available Assessment Tools, you will go to a
page that has specific info on various tests (click Test Specifics).
For your convenience, the discussions I mentioned above are also found
right there on that same page.

You will also soon find the summary and full thread of the Guest
Discussion with Rosalind on the ARCS at the NIFL Discussion List Guest
Speakers Archive
http://www.nifl.gov/lincs/discussions/list_guests.html. This should be
posted at that site in the next few days.

If you have any questions, or have difficulty finding any of the
resources mentioned above, please don't hesitate to contact me. Thanks!

marie cora
Moderator, The National Institute for Literacy Assessment Discussion
List, and
Coordinator/Developer LINCS Assessment Special Collection at
http://literacy.kent.edu/Midwest/assessment/

marie.cora at hotspurpartners.com