[NIFL-FOBASICS:182] Standards

From: ralph silva (silva_ralph@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Nov 28 1999 - 10:41:42 EST

Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 10:41:42 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-fobasics@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "ralph silva" <silva_ralph@hotmail.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-fobasics@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-FOBASICS:182] Standards

Greetings, FOBers. Welcome to "Standards". This topic has a strong
connection to the "Accountability" topic. The former partially dictates the
latter. Our standards must respect those to whom we're accountable;
learners, funders, legislators...and ourselves(ABE workers). The standards
dilemma seems to be the same as the accountability dilemma. We teachers and
administrators of ABE organizations must keep all the "Standards" balls in
the air-keep everyone satisfied-at the same time. My questions to all you
FOBers; Can you easily align the needs of your learners with standards you
are given? Do you use the EFF standards? How do they work out? If not EFF,
what standards do you use? Let's begin the discussion. rs.