[NIFL-FOBASICS:153] Re: Resources

From: Jeffrey B. Reiter (jefcar@herald.infi.net)
Date: Tue Oct 12 1999 - 08:55:27 EDT

Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 08:55:27 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-fobasics@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Jeffrey B. Reiter" <jefcar@herald.infi.net>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-fobasics@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-FOBASICS:153] Re: Resources

Hi, Heidi,

Since Tailored Reading, a primarily tutorial system I have been developing for
many years, is age neutral; it works with at-risk readers of any age. Key in the
method is to find and fill gaps in word knowledge (sightwords, phonics, and
vocabulary), which almost magically improves comprehension. I have begun a web
site to share these ideas which you can find at:

http://tailoredreading.cjb.net/  or
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Cyprus/8493/Homepage.htm

I'd love to have feedback on the ideas. More of the system will be added in the
near future

Jeff Reiter