[NIFL-FOBASICS:324] Wilson Reading System

From: Judith Lashof (jlashof@rcsu.org)
Date: Thu Dec 14 2000 - 12:24:07 EST

Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 12:24:07 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-fobasics@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Judith Lashof" <jlashof@rcsu.org>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-fobasics@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-FOBASICS:324] Wilson Reading System

Some of the Adult Education teachers working in our Even Start program use
the Wilson Reading System with good results.  These are English speaking
adults at beginning and intermediate ABE levels.  We are working on program
quality indicators for Vermont Even Start presently.  So I am curious as to
whether any programs have data on the amount of reading progress adults make
with individual or small group tutoring using the Wilson method.  For
example what gains are seen after 50 hours of instruction?  What are the
characteristics of those adults who make the most gains, the least gains
with Wilson.  Also, what level of Wilson Training does the Drake program
provide to its volunteers?

Judith Lashof
Rutland Region Even Start Coordinator
RCSU/257 S. Main St./Rutland, VT 05701