[NIFL-FOBASICS:262] Re: Impact of

From: Loren McGrail (lmcgrail@mindspring.com)
Date: Thu Jun 29 2000 - 06:11:40 EDT

Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 06:11:40 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-fobasics@literacy.nifl.gov
From: Loren McGrail <lmcgrail@mindspring.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-fobasics@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-FOBASICS:262] Re: Impact of

Barb,

A quick response to your request. Literacy South has used articles
from Focus on Basics both for our own professional development as
educators who wish to keep up with currrent trends in research and
professional development and as resources to be be included in teacher
training packets. Some topics speak to me more dearly than others but
I always appreciate "the voice"  you have managed to capture from a
wide variety of practitioners throughout the country. I also like your
guest editor approach. It was a wonderful resource when it first
appeared in the mid 80's and remains a vital resource for our field
and not just a mouthpiece for NCSALL's accomplishments. Finally, your
careful and thoughtful editing allows us to focus on specific issues
one at a time and with just enough information to "get it" and
resources listed to go get more.

If this kind of feedback is useful to Dave, please pass it on. If not,
just know that  I count the journal as one of the more accessible and
successful ways NCSALL is reaching out to the field.

Loren

--
Loren McGrail
lmcgrail@mindspring.com