[NIFL-FOBASICS:1491] Need research participants

From: Izabella Waszkielewicz (nova.iza@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Sep 13 2005 - 21:06:59 EDT

Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 21:06:59 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-fobasics@literacy.nifl.gov
From: Izabella Waszkielewicz <nova.iza@gmail.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-fobasics@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-FOBASICS:1491] Need research participants

Hello all,

On behalf of Dr. Alisa Belzer at Rutgers University, I am trying to
recruit adult literacy students for a research study.   We would like
to learn from adults who made very significant progress in their
reading development (say from below a 4.0 to GED, or close to it) what
they think were the key factors (people, events, activities,
materials, etc), that enabled them to accomplish this. We are hoping
that by learning directly from learners, we might develop some really
helpful and unique implications for practice.

However, to do this, we need to find learners who fit the description.
 This is where we would like some help and input from you. If you or
anyone you know can put us in touch with learners who moved from being
very low level readers to ones who read quite well now and were able
to get over the literacy "hump," it would help us tremendously.  We
are looking for around 10 adults who fit this description.  Each will
be interviewed for about an hour and will receive $50 for their time.
Please e-mail me if you know of students who would be interested in
participating, have other suggestions for identifying students who
would be helpful for this study, or have questions.  My email address
is nova.iza@gmail.com

Thanks!

Izabella Waszkielewicz

Graduate Assistant