[NIFL-FOBASICS:1473] RE: Expertise in Low Literacy Learners

From: Barbara Garner (b.garner4@verizon.net)
Date: Thu Sep 01 2005 - 16:54:02 EDT

Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 16:54:02 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-fobasics@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Barbara Garner" <b.garner4@verizon.net>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-fobasics@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-FOBASICS:1473] RE: Expertise in Low Literacy Learners

I agree with the view that our students are certainly experts in many areas
and your area of research is interesting.

Is the concern learner's reaction to the term "expert" in an interview
protocol? I assume you'll test the protocol before you use, so test the use
of the term. You might want to do a test with two groups, testing two
different ways to ask the same thing and see if you get markedly different

Barb Garner
Editor, FOB