[NIFL-FOBASICS:1354] RE: Does the GED really mean more money?

From: Howard Dooley (hdooley@riral.org)
Date: Wed Mar 30 2005 - 14:33:36 EST

Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 14:33:36 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-fobasics@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Howard Dooley" <hdooley@riral.org>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-fobasics@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-FOBASICS:1354] RE: Does the GED really mean more money?

I agree about the EDP.  This year RIRAL is coordinating a state-wide
effort of adult education providers to "make" the EDP a recognized,
viable secondary credential choice for learners in RI.  It does
eliminate the "stigma";  also, for those learners who need to develop
basic skills prior to entering the assessment process, we are looking at
ways of providing that broader educational experience.  Because the EDP
is aligned with standards and uses performance-assessments that are
aligned with life skills and (life and work) experience, learners are
have greater entry and task motivation for collaborating with that
broader educational experience.  It's a win-win situation.

Howard Dooley, Project RIRAL