[NIFL-FOBASICS:1302] Re: New Instructor Training Materials

From: Robin Millar (r.millar@uwinnipeg.ca)
Date: Tue Feb 22 2005 - 14:13:00 EST

Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 14:13:00 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-fobasics@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Robin Millar" <r.millar@uwinnipeg.ca>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-fobasics@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-FOBASICS:1302] Re: New Instructor Training Materials

We have created a new Facilitator Guide for adult literacy workers.  The
context is Canadian, but much of it could be useful to all literacy
practitioners.  It is free for download at www.facilitatorguide.ca

Dr. Robin Millar
Executive Director
Centre for Education and Work
515 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R3B 2E9
204-786-9395

>>> Khinson@future-gate.com 2/22/2005 12:29:32 PM >>>
Out of curiosity, does anyone have any ideas, suggestions etc, for
"new"
instructor training materials? I have been asked to work on developing
new instructors training manual because we don't currently have one
and
while I have some information as it relates to policy etc I'd like to
know  if anyone has any ideas for what else to include. I want to make
functional manual that gives people never exposed to Adult Ed before,
some kind of background as well as resources and knowledge to make the
teaching experience less fearful or overwhelming.  I'd like to hear
anyone's ideas.

Regards
Katrina Hinson