[NIFL-FOBASICS:1264] polit cartoon activity from AALPD

From: Barbara Garner (b.garner4@verizon.net)
Date: Fri Jan 14 2005 - 14:18:19 EST

Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 14:18:19 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-fobasics@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Barbara Garner" <b.garner4@verizon.net>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-fobasics@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-FOBASICS:1264] polit cartoon activity from AALPD

   Reply to:   RE: [NIFL-AALPD:1909] RE: FW: political cartoons

Actually Roberta, that reminds me of a fun thing to do with a class for a
lesson on political cartoons.  As a wrap up or culminating activity, have
students write/draw their own cartoons.  For example, I could use the quote
in my signature line and ask the students to draw it.  Or they could choose
another quote or topic they are interested in.  To tie this in with what
Jackie is asking, students doing their own drawings and interpretations of
political events helps to inform context and evolve understanding.  For
GED/ABE professional development training, the teacher-learners could also
do this to model what they will be asking student-learners to do.  Anyone
care to start?  ;-) Melissa Monti