[NIFL-FOBASICS:607] FOB RE: Sponsors and Sponsorship

From: John Comings (comingjo@gse.harvard.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 31 2002 - 10:50:02 EST

Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 10:50:02 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-fobasics@literacy.nifl.gov
From: John Comings <comingjo@gse.harvard.edu>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-fobasics@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-FOBASICS:607] FOB RE: Sponsors and Sponsorship

FOB readers:

Sonda Cuban and I shared interim findings on sponsors and sponsorship in
Vol 6 Issue A of FOB.  We are now beginning work on the final report of our
research and would be interested in hearing feedback on the article.
Specifically, do you see sponsorship as important to supporting student
persistence (do you have examples of it?), do you think the three types of
sponsorship make sense (are there other types?), have you seen program or
teacher activities that support sponsorship?

Thank you

John Comings

John Comings, Director
NCSALL -- Nichols House
Harvard Graduate School of Education   (617) 496-0516, voice
7 Appian Way                           (617) 335-9839, cell
Cambridge MA 02138                     (617) 495-4811, fax
john_comings@harvard.edu
http://ncsall.gse.harvard.edu