Date:         Mon, 16 Jun 2008 08:49:56 -0400
Sender:       Information for the USPHS Therapist Category
From:         "Siegel, Karen (AHRQ/COE)" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      deployment opportunity

[multipart/alternative]

Therapist Officers, I received a call for volunteers for the ship-based training missions occurring this summer and fall in Latin America and the Pacific. The original call for volunteers is attached to this message. Please read the instructions carefully. The deployment role being offered is health educator. You do not need to have a health educator credential to deploy in this role, but please consider whether you are an appropriate candidate to serve with distinction in this capacity. If you are approved to participate by your agency, please let me know so I can be prepared to give my concurrence when requested by OFRD. I have asked for clarification about which portions of which missions need officers in the health educator role and have not received that feedback. If there is a mission for which you think you might be able to deploy, I recommend you contact one of the OFRD staff listed in the memo to confirm availability of slots before seeking agency approval. Deployments are one month in duration, which not all duty stations will be able to support. For those of you for whom this may be an option, thank you for considering this request. Not only will it be an important opportunity to serve, but you also will be able to gather information about potential contributions officers might make in a therapist role on future missions. Best wishes, Karen Lohmann Siegel, PT, MA CAPT, US Public Health Service Chief Therapist Officer Health Scientist Administrator Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality 540 Gaither Road Rockville, MD 20850 301-427-1321 (v) 301-427-1640 (f) [log in to unmask] (e-mail)
[text/html]

2008 Ship-Based Training Missions Follow-Up Memo.doc [application/msword]