Sheila Conley, Deputy Assistant Secretary, Finance and Deputy Chief Financial Officer
Functions (as published in the March 11, 2003 Federal Register Notices, Vol. 68, No. 47, Pages 11560 - 11562)
The Immediate Office is responsible for support and coordination across the Office of Finance in the following areas:
1) Standards for financial systems and financial reporting;
2) Cash and credit management, debt management, payment management including disbursement activities and functions;
3) The design and development of Department-wide and component financial systems;
4) The HHS Financial Management Plan and the HHS Annual Performance and Accountability Report;
5) The development of outcome-based financial performance measures and plans through facilitation and training forums and best practices;
6) Coordination with other Assistant Secretary for Resources and Technology (ASRT) components in the clearance/approval process for program information systems that provide financial and/or program performance data which are used in financial statements;
7) The implementation of a unified financial management system across HHS;
8) The preparation of financial statements that accurately represent HHS' financial condition; and
9) Ensuring compliance with the Departmental reporting requirements of the Federal Managers Financial Integrity Act.
In addition, the Immediate Office recommends CFO approval of the job descriptions and skill requirements for Operating Division (OPDIV) CFOs, advises the ASRT/CFO on the selection of OPDIV CFOs; and advises the ASRT/CFO regarding the annual performance plan/evaluation of each OPDIV CFO. The office also provides guidance on all financial management personnel.
Last revised: June 21, 2006