Most Requested Items

Q-5. How do I get a tax identification number?
For a Federal Tax ID number, please contact the Internal Revenue Service for Form SS4. This Form is available through their web site at  You may call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 and ask for the Small Business Tax Kit #454.

Tax information for starting a business can be found by going to You will need to contact the Department of Revenue for state taxes (if any). Please consult your local telephone directory in the "State Government" section for the office in your state.