|2009 Chronic Disease Conference
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion
4770 Buford Hwy, NE
Atlanta, GA 30341-3717
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) will host the 20th
National Conference on Chronic Disease Prevention and Control: Cultivating
The 20th National Conference on Chronic Disease Prevention and Control
will be celebrating two decades of extraordinary progress in the prevention
and control of chronic diseases and drawing on these
successes to accelerate progress over the next 20 years. Conference
presenters will share relevant information on innovations in science,
policy, community interventions, health marketing, and information
technology that support healthy lifestyles and cultivate healthy
communities. Through extensive networking opportunities, participants will
learn successful chronic disease prevention efforts, best practices,
and effective intervention techniques used by their colleagues and
challenges as we move into the next decade of health system transformation.
- The National Association of Chronic Disease Directors (NACDD)
- The Directors of Health Promotion and Education (DHPE)
- Prevention Research Centers (PRCs)
Conference Date and Location
Monday, February 23 – Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Gaylord National Convention Center
National Harbor, MD 20745
(Greater Washington DC area just off I-95 on the Capital Beltway, 12 minutes
from Reagan National Airport)
Who Should Attend?
- Physicians, nurses, dentists, nutritionists, dietitians, health
educators, epidemiologists, statisticians, behavioral scientists, health
communication specialists, evaluation specialists, and health
- Public health and education professionals at the local, state, and
federal level dedicated to chronic diseases and health promotion.
- Academic and research staff from educational institutions.
- Members of voluntary and health professional associations interested
in the prevention and control of chronic diseases.
- Representatives from special interest groups, business, and
Page last reviewed: April 4, 2008
Page last modified: July 22, 2008
Content source: National Center for
Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion