Health Tip: Keep Stress at Bay
Don't let it get to you
(HealthDay News) -- Some stress is unavoidable, but there are things you can do to prevent stress from taking over your life and making health problems worse.
The Cleveland Clinic offers these suggestions:
- Stick to a healthy diet, get plenty of exercise, avoid smoking and limit the amount of alcohol you drink.
- Don't allow others to make demands or set expectations for you. Say no, and don't be afraid to stand up for yourself.
- Take time every day just to relax.
- Set realistic goals and expectations for yourself, but understand that you can't control everything.
- Figure out what causes you stress in your life. Eliminate what you can, and learn how to manage other sources of stress.
- Remind yourself of what you do well and successes that you've had.
Copyright © 2008 ScoutNews, LLC. All rights reserved.
HealthDayNews articles are derived from various sources and do not reflect federal policy. healthfinder.gov does not endorse opinions, products, or services that may appear in news stories. For more information on health topics in the news, visit the healthfinder.gov health library.