National Institute for Literacy

[WomenLiteracy 595] Re: Update on Women and Literacy list

Karen Wyman karenw at gorhamschools.org
Thu Oct 19 09:00:25 EDT 2006

Hi Daphne,
I have mixed feelings about the merging of the two lists. While I see lots
of connections, intersections and overlap between the two lists, I'm not
sure merging them best serves the interests of either. Would there be a
way to send digests of what's being discussed to the two lists so we are
aware of discussions being held? Or to cross-post relevant discussions?
I'm not familiar with the content and "atmosphere" of the Poverty, Race,
and Literacy list, so I don't know how much similarity there is. I do
think it is important to maintain this list's commitment to accessible and
gentle communication.

-Karen
The Women and Literacy Discussion List <womenliteracy at nifl.gov> on