National Institute for Literacy

[WomenLiteracy 336] Re: women and literacy reading group

mev at litwomen.org mev at litwomen.org
Mon Jun 19 07:59:06 EDT 2006

Daphne
thanks for the ideas for how to do a book discussion group on this
list. I'd be up for trying it here for the summer -- if anyone is still
on the list! since June is almost gone, maybe we could experiment with
something shorter (and easily available) in July & August -- perhaps
something accessible to all through Internet download??
A lot of the old CCLOW items are on the Internet & downloadable --
including one of my favorites - the canadian Women's Studies issue on
Women & literacy -- here's a good list:
[http://www.nald.ca/cclow/search/search_res.asp?s=subject&q=18]
Also, Take on the Challenge: A Source Book from the Women, Violence,
and Adult Education Project, is also on the internet
{http://www.worlded.org/docs/TakeOnTheChallenge.pdf] (and Jenny &
perhaps Judy lurk on this list!)

btw - WE LEARN is also changing and expanding our website over the
summer. Finding ways of including chats, discussions, & distance
learning opportunities related to women & literacy are under
consideration. so maybe there's a way we could expand on these ideas
come the fall.

Mev
WE LEARN