National Institute for Literacy

[WomenLiteracy 329] Re: women and literacy reading group

Daphne Greenberg alcdgg at langate.gsu.edu
Sun Jun 18 17:55:26 EDT 2006

If enough people are interested, we can from time to time decide as a group to read a book and discuss it on the listserv. We would need to make the connection to literacy in our discussions. If people are interested in reading a book that is not connected to literacy then I would encourage people to individually email each other and create a small group that discusses that particular book.
Daphne

>>> andreawilder at comcast.net 06/18/06 5:37 PM >>>

Bonnie et al,

The first book I'd like to suggest is by Catherine MacKinnon, "Are
Women Human?' I've talked about this book on the list before, as I
bought it after hearing MacKinnon, but I would like to read it WITH
other people. has anyone here had experience with leading a book
discussion? She is a lawyer with an international clientele, very
lucid speaker, very thoughtful, very respectful of audience questions.

What do others think?

Andrea