National Institute for Literacy

[WomenLiteracy 269] Literacy President 2008

Daphne Greenberg alcdgg at langate.gsu.edu
Tue Apr 25 08:23:59 EDT 2006

The following is a message from David Rosen. I strongly encourage all of us to get involved and have the voices from this listserv represented!

Dear Colleague,

We need your opinion and your vote. Literacy President 2008 is a non-
partisan effort to increase national awareness of adult literacy
regardless of whom is elected. Literacy President provides members
of the adult education community with ways to be active participants
in the 2008 Presidential election. The first activity was generating
possible questions to ask the candidates. We now have 20 possible
questions, and they need to be narrowed to the top five.

This is your chance to vote on these, to help us narrow them to the
top five best questions. In the 2004 election, Literacy President
had over 1000 people -- practitioners, adult learners and others --
who voted for the top priority questions. This time our goal is 1500
people participating: students, practitioners and other advocates for
adult literacy.

To vote, please go to

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=85102489618

If the address breaks into two lines, you can try this one instead:

http://tinyurl.com/s553p

For the Literacy President Group,

David Rosen
djrosen at comcast.net