National Institute for Literacy

[WomenLiteracy] non-reader who wants info on adult ed

Cesar Watts cesarwattsg at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 16 11:59:14 EST 2006

Dear Friends:

you have any advice for me to share with an adult non-reader(native english speaker) who is interested in obtaining information about basic reading and writing? A woman called me the other day and she is interested in educating herself and supporting her children's emerging literacy skills. I can help her out in relation to children's literacy, but wasn't sure where to send her for adult education information, as she has very low literacy skills.

Cesar Watts
Read Out Loud Hotline Coordinator
DC LEARNs
www.readoutloud.org