National Institute for Literacy

[NIFL-PLI] Join or renew AALPD membership, reminder

jataylor jataylor at utk.edu
Mon Nov 29 09:31:34 EST 2004

Dear Colleague,
If you have not had an opportunity to join or renew your membership with the
Association of Adult Literacy Professional Developers (AALPD) this year or
cast your vote regarding the current slate of officers, we hope you will
please take a moment to do so by visiting:

http://www.aalpd.org/membership_form.cfm

If you were a member of AALPD in previous years, we ask that you renew your
membership to AALPD yearly. This helps us to maintain accurate records of our
membership, advocate effectively for professional development, and provide
members the best possible services.

Please forward this message to those you think may be interested. For more
information about AALPD, see below. Thanks to all who have joined or renewed
membership with the Association of Adult Literacy Professional Developers
(AALPD). We're glad to have you on board!

On behalf of the AALPD Executive Board,

Jackie Taylor
List Moderator
NIFL-AALPD
jataylor at utk.edu
New Membership/Prospective Members:
If you are not yet a member, are you interested in:
- getting more involved with adult literacy professional development?
- contributing your voice along with other advocates of adult literacy
professional development?
- taking part in establishing (in the eyes of policy makers) the legitimacy of
a national association of practitioners committed to adult literacy
professional development?

We invite you to become a formal member of the Association of Adult Literacy
Professional Developers (AALPD). Membership in AALPD is *free* and open to
adult educators interested or working in professional development in adult
literacy. Individuals join AALPD by completing and submitting the Membership
Form:
http://www.aalpd.org/membership_form.cfm

**Members Vote for Slate of Officers by December 5, 2004**
On the membership page, you can also VOTE for the current slate of nominated
AALPD officers (Chair, Vice-Chair and Secretary-Treasurer).
http://www.aalpd.org/membership_form.cfm
Why should you become a member of AALPD?

* It's free!

* You can vote for AALPD officers and on special issues that arise (Only AALPD
members will be eligible to vote).

* We will send you the latest information about upcoming trainings, events and
resources.

* You can have input into the design of the COABE pre-conference session next
year (2005 in Anaheim).

* You can contribute your voice to our advocacy efforts.

* You can help to establish AALPD's legitimacy in the eyes of policy makers by
demonstrating a strong membership of concerned practitioners committed to
professional development.

The Association of Adult Literacy Professional Developers (AALPD) is a
national group for professional developers in adult literacy. As a special
interest group within COABE (Commission on Adult Basic Education), AALPD meets
at COABE Conferences and other professional development events. AALPD is a
member of the National Coalition for Literacy.