National Institute for Literacy

[NIFL-PLI] RE: Using NRS Data for Program Improvement

Sylvan Rainwater sylvan at cccchs.org
Tue May 25 16:17:16 EDT 2004

In the case of younger students, I'm sure this is true. And of course the
goal is to integrate technology into the curriculum as soon as possible. But
for older students from another country who has never used a computer, and
who struggles with issues around print literacy, it can be very
intimidating. For those students, it's important to address basic concepts
of computer use separately, and gradually incorporate other subjects into
it.

-------
Sylvan Rainwater mailto:sylvan at cccchs.org
Program Manager Family Literacy
Clackamas Co. Children's Commission / Head Start
Oregon City, OR USA