National Institute for Literacy

[NIFL-PLI] reflective teaching

Valley Peters ValleyPeters at tetonliteracy.org
Mon Mar 22 21:02:44 EST 2004

Hello fellow educators!

I recently joined this list. I work as the Adult Program Coordinator at the Teton Literacy Program in Jackson, Wyoming. I am preparing to do a presentation on reflective teaching and how it can positively affect program change. I wanted to get a feeling for what other programs in adult education are doing in this area. I welcome responses from as many of you as possible!

My questions are:
1. How many of you are familiar with reflective teaching and its practices?
2. Do you use it in your classes and programs, either yourself, other instructors or other program administrators? If you're familiar with it, but don't practice reflective teaching is there any particular reason why not?
3. If you do use it, how - what kind of activities have you instituted in your program? What outcomes or program changes have resulted?
4. What do you believe are the benefits of reflective teaching?

Thank you in advance for taking the time to share your experiences!

Regards,
Valley Peters