Date:         Wed, 14 Feb 2001 21:10:09 -0500
Sender:       ImageJ Interest Group <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Dameron Midgette <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: using QuickKeys and AppleScript with ImageJ on Mac to launch
              a plugin?

Hi there! I've found OneClick <http://www.westcodesoft.com> to be invaluable in scripting non-scriptable apps. It might be worth a look. The other option is jython. I'm just starting to play with this; but you could write a python script that calls the plugin directly (it has full access to all java classes and methods), and could be double-clicked from the desktop, or launched by any launching utility. Cheers, Dameron on Wed, Feb 14, 2001, Bill said something like: >Has anyone used QuickKeys and AppleScript with ImageJ on a Mac to >launch a plugin? The following script (together with a QuickKeys >macro that is trained to select a plugin from the plugins menu when >it sees the key combo shift-command-D) is giving me lots of errors >from ImageJ: > [snip] > >If I launch ImageJ from the Finder and then launch the QuickKeys >macro using shift-command-D, everything works fine. I tried putting >the 'Typetext' command inside the tell ImageJ block, but this didn't >work. Any clues here? > >Are there alternatives that would allow me to get beyond ImageJ's >lack of scriptability beyond the required suite? As usual, I'd love >to see examples if anyone has conquered this. > >Thanks. >