Date:         Wed, 6 Nov 2002 07:38:13 +0100
Sender:       ImageJ Interest Group <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Xavier Draye <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Watershed segmentation plugin

Chris, I have written a watershed segmentation plugin last week (based on the algorithm by Soille & Vincent 1991). It works on 8-bit (grayscale) images. The plugin will be posted as soon as I feel confident with its quality. I can send you the java source right now if you like, but I am still working on the implementation to improve memory usage (the plugin works fine with a 400x400 image, but it runs out of memory with an 800x800 image, even with 128Mb of memory allocated to ImageJ. I still need to figure out where the problem is). Xavier.