Date:         Mon, 25 Nov 2002 14:14:15 -0600
Sender:       ImageJ Interest Group <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Ryan Deaton <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Using ImageJ for cell counts on IHC markers

I have just started to look at NIH Image, Scion Image and ImageJ to see if this software is able to provide us with cell counts for immunohistochemical markers in prostate tissue. Part of the problem is that we will need to go through and select only the asini, or clumps of epithelial cells for counting. We will ignore the stroma. We could do with either cell counts or area measurement. Does anyone do this sort of thing already? Thanks, Ryan Ryan Deaton Project Coordinator Preventive Medicine Northwestern University [log in to unmask] 312-503-1979