Date:         Thu, 21 Nov 2002 11:26:57 -0800
Sender:       ImageJ Interest Group <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Nicholas Tippery <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      saving a recently updated TIFF

Hi, I was a happy NIHImage user, and when our lab upgraded to OS X (and for increased programmability) I dipped into ImageJ. I must confess to no prior knowledge of Java, and my programming style is a combination of trial-and-error and borrowing code from other people's programs. I am having trouble saving files, specifically stacks of 8-bit images that I create in the same program and alter just before saving. I believe I am not passing the fully updated version to the file saver, because right now the "Flip Horizontally" step applies to all but the last slice of the stack. I had the same problem before with the "Paste" step, and I got around that by inserting the "wait" step. Can someone tell me a more efficient way to save a TIFF stack, or address my problem with images not being updated before they are saved? I am embarrassed to send such choppy code, but I have been unable to find the solution on my own. Thanks for any help. Nic IJ.run("Copy"); windowManager.setTempCurrentImage(workingStack); workingStack.setSlice(k); IJ.makeRectangle(0,0,600,400); IJ.run("Paste"); } workingStack.updateImage(); IJ.wait(1800); IJ.selectWindow(nowtitle); IJ.run("Flip Horizontally", "stack"); IJ.wait(800); try { FileOutputStream fos = new FileOutputStream(directory+title); BufferedOutputStream bos = new BufferedOutputStream(fos); FileInfo fi = new FileInfo(); fi = workingStack.getFileInfo(); TiffEncoder te = new TiffEncoder(fi); DataOutputStream dos = fos; te.write(dos); } catch (IOException e) { IJ.showMessage("XYWriter", ""+e); return; } workingStack.hide(); } } workingImage.hide(); } } }