Date:         Wed, 28 Jul 2004 08:06:00 -0400
Sender:       ImageJ Interest Group <[log in to unmask]>
From:         "Smith, Mike" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: linux installation problems

Hi Sudheshna, I think your problem is that you should not be using gunzip, as it does not untar the resulting tar file. Use 'tar' instead, which will call gunzip, then untar the resulting tar file. AS Till suggested, use the following command: tar -zxvf ij132-x86.tar.gz (I just tried this to be sure, and it works pefectly.) or, simply use Ark or File-Roller from KDE or GNOME To run ImageJ, you must then run the 'run' command found in the resulting ImageJ directory: ./run . I use a shell script to launch it from my home directory, which I call imagej.sh: cd /home/mismith/ImageJ ./run Let me know if you are still having problems. Mike Smith -----Original Message----- From: Sudheshna Moka [mailto:[log in to unmask]] Sent: Tue 7/27/2004 3:24 PM To: [log in to unmask] Cc: Subject: Re: linux installation problems Hi thank you for the reply. there is a small problem though... it gives an error and quits (after untarring some of the files, I dont know if there are more files to be untarred.) gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file tar: Unexpected EOF in archive tar: Unexpected EOF in archive tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now please help. thank you once again. regards, Sudheshna. --------------------------------- Do you Yahoo!? New and Improved Yahoo! Mail - Send 10MB messages!