Date:         Fri, 23 Jul 2004 18:20:14 +0200
Sender:       ImageJ Interest Group <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Paulo Magalh�es <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Wand-selected ROI coordinates in plugin

Hello all, I'm writing a plugin that requires the coordinates of a ROI. During the initial writing stages I used the Freehand tool to draw a ROI. Eventually I got the plugin to do exactly what I needed and in subsequent tests I used the Polygon tool to draw a ROI; also in this case the plugin performs perfectly. Now I've selected a ROI with the Wand tool and the plugin spat out a lot of garbage results... :-( I've tracked down the problem to the ROI coordinates. In the plugin, I use // Get the ROI Roi r = imp.getRoi(); [...] // Get the polygon PolygonRoi pr = (PolygonRoi)r; [...] // Get the coordinates int[] xROItemp = pr.getXCoordinates(); int[] yROItemp = pr.getYCoordinates(); This works well with traced ROIs (Freehand tool) and ROIs draw with the Polygon tool, but collapses with the Wand tool... If I look at the XY coordinates in the two arrays, they are different from the (real) XY coordinates that I get if I export the ROI as "Save as... XY coordinates"... I suspect that this is simply a reflex of my limited Java/ImageJ programming repertoire :-) I shouldn't be using PolygonROI for a wand selection, I guess... But I've tried looking through other plugins and I haven't managed to find a solution. Any help is much appreciated. All the best from Padua, Paulo Paulo Magalhaes, Ph.D. University of Padua Dept. Biomedical Sciences Viale G. Colombo, 3 Tel: +39 049 827 6065 I-35121 Padua - Italy Fax: +39 049 827 6049 http://www.bio.unipd.it/~pozzan/home.html http://www.azuleon.com -----------------------------------------------------