Date:         Fri, 2 Jul 2004 08:13:04 -0500
Sender:       ImageJ Interest Group <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Martin du Saire <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Masks for ROI (Re: "find similar" or equivalent)

Quite right, that is why I specified "well behaved" particles etc. Unfortunately I don't have the coding expertise to generate the plugin myself (yet), but I wondered if the procedure would work. Where in the code does the Wand function detect the <SHIFT> key, and composite the ROI's? Would it be possible to "hardcode" that into the plugin so that it continues adding regions until it runs out of centroids? I still think a "select by color" would be the safest way to convert binary to selection, but I am not quite sure how to go about it. Any ideas? Later. Martin At 10:43 AM 7/2/2004 +0100, you wrote: >On Thursday 01 July 2004 18:07, Martin duSaire wrote: > > I could also use a masktoROI function. Is this any different than a > > selection by color (GIMP)? I have a few questions: > > > > If the particles and other portions of the thresholded image are well > > behaved, could we use the centroid values from the Analyze Particles as > > seeds for the Wand function, and composite the the Wand results? Or better > > yet, use the outlines generated by Analyze Particles? > > > >If you want the procedure to be bullet-proof, only the StartX and StartY >pixels is guaranteed to be in the particle. Centroid and Centre of mass can >be outside or in a hole. > >Cheers, > >Gabriel