Date:         Wed, 21 Jul 2004 14:13:42 +0100
Sender:       ImageJ Interest Group <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Laurence Firth <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Virus and spam problems

Hi All, I think that either someone may have managed to get a list of addresses through this group or someone has this group address in their address book which an infected PC is using because I have had many virus' sent via proffesional people who do exist and often have an imaging based background. Maybe this is a reason why we should consider a central web based forum instead of mailing group in the future. Laurence. Quoting Gabriel Landini <[log in to unmask]>: > On Wednesday 21 July 2004 00:29, St wrote: > > [Filename: Garry.scr] > > The attachment file in the message has been removed as it constitutes a > > security hazard. > > This is the 2nd time that a virus is sent to this list. > > The computer that has originated both messages seems to be > blaylock.org (blaylock.v13.uthscsa.edu [129.111.81.17] which is at the > University of Texas. > > The address may be spoofed, but if anyone is based at UTHSCSA.EDU, please > check your computer for viruses! > > Cheers, > > Gabriel >