Date:         Thu, 7 Aug 2003 17:40:22 -0400
Sender:       ImageJ Interest Group <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Milton Charlton <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Time lapse image acquisition plugin?

Does anyone have a plug-in for Image J that will acquire time lapse images at set intervals from a standard Windows imaging frame grabber such as an ATI All-In -Wonder or from a USB "Webcam"? We need to write all the images collected to a continuous file for analysis by Image J. Currently we use WinTLV (with the ATI All-In-Wonder) to take time lapse images and make an AVI file that we decompress with VirtualDub and then get Image J to eat the result for analysis. I want to minimize the number of programs required to carry out an investigation. I would also like to have online graphing of intensity changes in areas of interest as new frames are acquired, i.e.. a graph system that expands the X axis (time) as new measurements are added during an experiment. This means the system would have to store each new image, make a measurement(s) on it and put a new point(s) on the graph. Axon Imaging Workbench (now Imaging Workbench sold by Indec) does this very well. I realize that is a tall order for a plug-in but perhaps one could ship the measurement to an independent graphing program in another window. The time lapse interval is greater than 500ms so there is quite a bit of time to do this. Thanks for your help. Milton P. Charlton Physiology Department University of Toronto tel: 416-978-6355 fax: 416-978-4940 [log in to unmask]