Date:         Wed, 20 Aug 2003 23:57:56 +0800
Sender:       ImageJ Interest Group <[log in to unmask]>
From:         kevin choo <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: how to learn java?

I don't know what's the best way to learn Java, but this is how I learn. I use to wait for a friend in a parking lot to give her a ride everyday, I have to wait for her for about half an hour at the parking lot, so, I bought a general java book (the one that's easy to understand), and while waiting for her, I just read through the book, half an hour everyday, I finish the book in half a year (yes, inside a car in a parking lot), then I move on with specific subject that I'm interested in, which happens to be Java advanced imaging JAI. Same time, I wrote a small pictureviewer just to enforce my memory on what I've learn from the book. Prior to this I was taught by a computer science professor on Object Oriented Programming concept, and basic Java programming. I think most important of all is to do it, really really program something, make it a small program, something that's do-able. You will have a bump here a bump there, but you'll learn. I have no one besides me to teach me that, it's all on my own. I don't know if this help, but, hey, it works for me. kevin choo _________________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? 登記免費的 @[log in to unmask] 中文電子郵件 @ http://chinese.mail.yahoo.com Get your free @[log in to unmask] address at http://chinese.mail.yahoo.com