Date:         Mon, 11 Aug 2008 10:59:03 -0700
Sender:       ImageJ Interest Group <[log in to unmask]>
From:         elambeth <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Excluding black (255) from an image

I am working with red stained images of frog liver. There are pigment cells in the liver that are black, and should not count for the quantification of the red stain. I want to know the mean gray value of the red pixels, and I know this is on the histogram, but I do not know how to exclude the black pigment cells from the histogram (basically I want a histogram of the red stain only). Is there any way to exclude the black? Emily Lambeth, Graduate Student Department of Biological Sciences Notre Dame University -- View this message in context: http://n2.nabble.com/Excluding-black-%28255%29-from-an-image-tp686464p686464.html Sent from the ImageJ mailing list archive at Nabble.com.