Date:         Sat, 9 Aug 2008 18:15:03 +0530
Sender:       ImageJ Interest Group <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Partha Goswami <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      center of mass

Hi, I want to get one information regarding center of mass to get the center of particles in a image. to get it I need to do *Image>Adjust>Threshold. *which makes my gray image to binary.* *Therefore If I analize the particle to get center of mass It does not give weighted average grayscale center of mass, rather gives centroid ( just average of the pixel position). Is there any procedure so that I can get center of mass of the particles, which is the brightness-weighted average of the x and y coordinates all pixels in the image. Thanks N Regards Partha Sarathi Goswami