Date:         Thu, 28 Aug 2008 11:44:19 -0400
Sender:       ImageJ Interest Group <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Wayne Rasband <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: "Set Threshold" records incorrect values - 16bit images -
              Ubuntu

This fix is in the 1.41k daily build. -wayne On Aug 28, 2008, at 11:08 AM, Ghislain Bugnicourt wrote: > Wayne wrote: >> >> Dear Ghislain, >> I'm sorry to hear that the bug remains but I still think it is thread >> synchronization problem. Here is another version of the plugin that >> updates the "Threshold" window without directly calling scaleDown() >> and >> scaleUpAndSet(). It also waits 0.5 seconds before updating the window. >> Does it work any better? >> > > Wonderful ! > Here is Wayne's plugin : > http://n2.nabble.com/file/n789839/Threshold_Adjuster2.java > Threshold_Adjuster2.java (I renamed it) > And this time it works ! > > I forgot to tell about this, but when compiling Wayne's plugins a > message is > shown : > > >> /home/ghislain/.imagej/ImageJ/plugins/Threshold_Adjuster2.java:177: >> warning: [deprecation] show() in java.awt.Window has been deprecated >> show(); >> ^ >> 1 warning >> > Perhaps it is normal... > > I decided to modify the time before updating the image : and here is > the key > ! > Actually, if I let 500 (ms), it works perfectly. If I change it to 50 > or 5, > the bug occurs almost each time. > > I think this is in coherence with David's idea : > > >> Well I spotted something that may provide a clue to what's going on >> here: the *size* of the image seems to make a difference. I re-scaled >> Ghislain's original image to a 100*74 16-bit image and cannot >> replicate >> the bug, either in the case where the result is interpolated or not. >> Incrementally scaling the image back to its original size the bug >> re-appeared with a 350*26 16-bit scaled image. >> > I imagine that the little image is modified faster than the big one :). > Which leads to less errors. > I would like to know if non-Ubuntu users can now witness the bug with > this > new plugin and a value of 5 ms instead of 500 (just because I'm > curious). > > Thank you Wayne. Really. Not only for resolving the problem, but for > your > time and consideration. > I imagine that you still need some work to correct the bug completely, > and > make it stable for another ImageJ version. So if I may help in order > to try > new threshold plugins, or anything else, there will be no problem. > > -- > View this message in context: > http://n2.nabble.com/%22Set-Threshold%22-records-incorrect-values-- > -16bit-images---Ubuntu-tp760077p789839.html > Sent from the ImageJ mailing list archive at Nabble.com. >