Date:         Wed, 20 Aug 2008 11:44:19 +0200
Sender:       ImageJ Interest Group <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Johannes Schindelin <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Developer Papers
Comments: To: Christian Lutz <[log in to unmask]>

Hi, On Tue, 19 Aug 2008, Christian Lutz wrote: > Am 19.08.2008 um 11:51 schrieb Albert Cardona: > > > Christian wrote: > > > > >- Is there a way to access any kind of version control / or is the > > > only access via downloading last stable version code? > > > ( currently, read access would be enough ) > > > > > >We have setup one: ImageJA at http://repo.or.cz/w/imageja.git/ , which > >is perhaps best used as a submodule of fiji (web: > >http://pacific.mpi-cbg.de/ and repository: > >http://pacific.mpi-cbg.de/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=fiji.git;a=summary ) > > So what would you recommend?, Fiji repository or ImageJA repository for > developing ImageJ? I saw that Wayne merged his code into the ImageJA repo. That is not completely correct: Wayne releases complete sources for the ImageJ versions, which are then committed to the "imagej" branch of ImageJA. Since Wayne does not use Git, he is the author of those commits, but not the committer. > Are there any major differences between ImageJA and ImageJ (except the > applet) on the desktop Version? Unfortunately, there are a few more differences there. However, I will be working actively on reducing the differences, as one of the major goals of ImageJA is to feed patches to ImageJ. > I think Fiji isn't the right place for us, because it is more designed > for the end-user of imagej and not for the developer of it. It is correct that at the moment, Fiji is easier for the user than for the developer. However, I will be working (hard!) on making it much, much easier for the developer. The idea is that you can add a new plugin in a matter of minutes. That you will be able to develop in your favourite IDE. That you can easily debug things. And that you can bundle it in a software package with a single command. Ciao, Dscho