Date:         Thu, 27 Dec 2007 23:26:14 -0600
Sender:       ImageJ Interest Group <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Justin McGrath <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Writing Mean value on blocked image

Hi Bill, You can use the getResult and drawString functions (you will probably also need toString) documented here http://rsb.info.nih.gov/ij/developer/macro/functions.html. Justin On Dec 27, 2007 12:25 PM, Bill Saidel <[log in to unmask]> wrote: > I wrote a macro that divides an image into squares of known area to do > densitometry on brain sections. It works nicely by copying the ROI, > creating the blocks and writing the number of the block on the image. > (It was directly modeled after the RandomSampleAndMeasure.txt macro.) > For each block, I collect scaled area (in microns squared), mean pixel > value, starting x,y point of each block and max and min pixel value, all > of which are written to the table. > > My unsolved problem is that I would like to write not the row number in > each block, but the mean pixel value. > 1) How do I access each column in the table as a specific variable and > 2) Write the mean value to its specific block on the image. > > Ultimately, I intend to make a densitometric contour map out of this > information. > > Every suggestion will be greatly appreciated. > Thanks in advance, > > Bill Saidel > Biology, Rutgers (NJ) >