Date:         Mon, 3 Dec 2007 10:07:44 -0700
Sender:       ImageJ Interest Group <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Jonathan Hilmer <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Question

A topic that seems to appear regularly on this list is a general problem with having enough memory or dealing with large image sets. Considering your price range, I would look at using a product like the HyperDrive that adapts desktop memory to be used as though it were a hard disk: paging then becomes a non-issue. http://www.hyperdrive4.com/ http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/11/07/hyperdrive_4_redefines_solid_state_storage/index.html Jonathan On Dec 3, 2007 8:45 AM, Scott Wilson <[log in to unmask]> wrote: > What operating system (the more details the better) makes this program run and function the best? Price isn't much of an issue (under $15,000) and the measurements that we will be doing are of intervertebral disc spaces in rabbits acquired via X-ray and then scanned into image file. While this is the primary application we would like to use it for various other applications (including µCT, staining, etc.). > > > > Thanks, > > > > Scott T. Wilson, B.S., LAT > > Associate Study Director > > MPI Research > > 54943 N. Main St. > > Mattawan, MI 49071 > > phone: (269) 668-3336 ex. 1610 > > fax: (269) 668-4151 > > email: [log in to unmask]