Date:         Mon, 10 Dec 2007 16:16:02 -0500
Sender:       ImageJ Interest Group <[log in to unmask]>
From:         ALEX CHAMPAGNE <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Baseline for Gel Analysis2

Thanks to the people who sent me suggestions regarding the subtract background function. I've tried that function before, and I'm not satisfied with the results. Often, even when the background has been subtracted, tails still exist, and it becomes an arbitrary process to draw lines that "should" bound the peak. In this way, the methods can not be standardized, and depending on where the lines are placed, the precise result varies each time. Is there any plugin which might standardize the designation of the peaks and/or provide a baseline better than the current subtract background function? Thanks, Alex Champagne Ohio State University