Date:         Fri, 8 Sep 2000 09:47:53 +0200
Sender:       ImageJ Interest Group <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Gary Chinga <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Particle remover...

Wayne. Thanks again for your update it works very well. However, I have noticed a problem. The plugin doesn't removes particles that are inside another particle. A little confusing??. Well the images I am working on have big black areas extending all over the image and some noise both outside and inside the big areas. By using the plugin all the particles less than a certain value are removed only if they are not surrounded by black areas. Surrounded particles remains intact in the image. Thank you again for your valuable help. Gary. >-----Original Message----- >From: Wayne Rasband [SMTP:[log in to unmask]] >Sent: 7. september 2000 21:58 >To: [log in to unmask] >Subject: Re: Particle remover... > >>Hi! >> >>When I use the Particle_remover plugin on a stack I get the analyse >>particles-dialog box for every slice in the stack. This is very tedious. >>Is there a way of avoiding that and only run the remove particles >>filter without opening the dialog box. I also want to run the filter on >>the original stack without making a filtered copy of the slide (I have >>problems with large stacks due to limited memory). > >There is an updated Particle Remover at > > http://rsb.info.nih.gov/ij/plugins/particle-remover.html > >that works with stacks. It filters stacks in place so you will want to save >the stack before running the plugin. > >-wayne