Date:         Wed, 15 May 2002 15:52:33 -0700
Sender:       ImageJ Interest Group <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Barry Wark <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Documentation of fields in ij.io.FileInfo?

I'm currently using both an ImageJ plug-in and a custom image processing app, written in Cocoa for OS X. In an effort to consolidate (and just to see if it can be done), I'd like to try to add ImageJ plug-in support to my OS X app*. Converting from the cocoa-native image reprsentation to an ImagePlus is pretty straight forward. Going the other way (ImagePlus->Cocoa), it seems the easiest way is to generate an ij.io.FileInfo object for the ImagePlus and initialize a Cocoa NSBitmapImageRep from the information in the FileInfo object. Can anyone point me to a description of the fields (and their legal values) in the FileInfo class (the JavaDoc for it doesn't have any info)? In particular, I'd like to figure out how to determine if a file is color/grayscale, if it's planar or interlaced, and what the pixel bit-depth is. Any pointers greatly appreciated. On a side note, there was some discussion a while back about a Swing version of ImageJ. On OS X, it seems that Apple's JVM is still highly optimized for Swing over straight AWT. Converting my plugins to Swing, instead of using the built-in ij dialog classes sped up the plug-in's UI significantly. Perhaps a Swing version of ImageJ is a good idea, at least on OS X. Thanks. barry *If anyone is interested in this when I'm done, I'd be happy to share my code. -- "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Donate food for free: http://www.thehungersite.com ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++