Date:         Fri, 31 May 2002 19:28:09 +0000
Sender:       ImageJ Interest Group <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Bill O'Connell <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: registration of  two stacks

This reply is meant for Emily Xanthopoulos, but I've deleted her original message and lost her address. What type of images do you have, and how large are they? I ask because I have written (outside of ImageJ)a program which uses correlation methods to do rigid body matches of succesive slices in a stack. No landmarking is required. The program reads and writes 8-bit grayscale TIFF stacks. Any type conversion could be done in ImageJ. The program also assumes slices with width equal to height and less than 257 pixels. If this sounds promissing, you might send me a sample stack. I'll try to register the slices and send you the results. William O'Connell > At 02:51 PM 5/30/02 +0100, Emily Xanthopoulos wrote > : > >I am trying to write a macro/plug-in that will register a stack of 50 > slices/images to another stack.... > >I read one image from each stack and the run turboreg (the plug-in for image > registration). > > And then I close it. When I try to read the next set of images and run > turboreg again it does not > > work/does not like it (gives error messages, about threads etc). > > > I don't know how to solve your problem, but I think I can guess what is > causing it. TurboReg looks for a mask as the second slice of an image. The > mask specifies the area to use for registration. The result image also has the > mask as a second slice. I think this must create serious problems if you are > trying to convert a stack. > > > Rex Couture, Ph.D. > Electronic Radiology Laboratory > Dept. of Radiology > Washington University School of Medicine > Campus Box 8225 > 510 S. Kingshighway > St. Louis MO 63110 > (314) 747 0332 > > [log in to unmask]