Date:         Sat, 18 May 2002 12:53:59 -0400
Sender:       ImageJ Interest Group <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Wayne Rasband <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: JavaScript editor installation

1. Download the Windows version of ImageJ that includes the Sun JRE 1.3.1_03. 2. Down load the JavaScript Editor ZIP file from http://rsb.info.nih.gov/ij/plugins/javascript.html and extract it into into the plugins folder. 3. Download the latest Rhino ZIP file from http://www.mozilla.org/rhino/ and extract js.jar into the ImageJ folder. 4. Right click on the ImageJ shortcut and edit the Properties to add js.jar to the command line that runs ImageJ. The command line will look something like: C:\ImageJ\jre\bin\javaw.exe -mx80m -cp ij.jar;jimi.jar;js.jar ij.ImageJ 5. Start ImageJ and run the editor using the JavaScript Editor command in the Plugins menu. You do not need a Sun JDK, you do not need to set the Classpath variable and you do not need to set the Path variable. -wayne >Dear ImageJ users, > >I need help to install the JavaScript Editor plugin. I have unzipped the >file and I have a js folder (...\plugins\js) and the files JavaScritp_Editor >in the plugins folder. > >I have a JDK on C:\JDK1.1.7 and a SDK on D:\j2sdk1.4.0 (do I need these two >files? I installed the JDK1.1.7 to have the swing-1.1.1.fcs to use the dicom >pluggin) > >I downloaded the RhinoLatest.zip file and installed it. > >I work with Windows XP and my Classpath was .;%JAVA_HOME%\lib\class.zip and >I have change it for .;%JAVA_HOME%\lib\classes.zip;C:\rhino1_5r4pre\js.jar. > >My Path is: \System32\Wbem;D:\Program >Files\Java\j2re1.4.0\bin;C:\JDK1.1.7\swing-1.1.1fcs. > >I dont find any imagej.lax file on my computer. I start imageJ using the >ImageJ shortcut icon. > >When I start the pluggin JavaScript Editor, there is no action when I click >on the open file option. > >I think that my installation is not optimal. Where is the problem? > >Thank you for your help. I know this is not a very interesting question... > > >Luc Boucher > >